A nutritarian is a person who eats a diet of highly nutritious foods. I have decided I am one of them. I love that label! I try to pick foods that have the highest level of micronutrients per calorie. Micronutrients are vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals per calorie.
As an ex-vegetarian, and ex-pescatarian I like the word nutritarian best. This is how I define it:
* Eats a diet of healthy, high nutritious foods, focussed on organic leafy green vegetables.
* Eats in restaurants very rarely. (Due to processed foods high in sugar, salt, additives and fat and other unhealthy things.)
* Eats processed foods, very rarely if ever. (This includes tinned food, jars of food, most frozen ready-to-eat food and all prepared foods.)
* Cooks all their own food and they probably own a super quality blender or juicer.
* Chews foods more than average to crush the micronutrients thus absorbing them into the blood stream more efficiently.
Two books which I have recently researched are wonderful at teaching us about highly nutritious foods: Joel Fuhrman’s SUPER Immunity and Meghan Telpner’s Undiet.