More pearls to live by:
1. Losing weight slowly is better than never.
2. We can say “No thanks, maybe later”.
3. If not now, when?
4. Eat breakfast at home. It’s important that your body TRUSTS that you can be depended upon to feed it regularly, as you ask it to do things like shower, make lunches, drive to work, read emails, think and organize.
5. Understand your inner body and mind.
6. Get your body to trust you, and it will shed those fat cells it was desperately holding onto.
7. We deserve a healthy body. It’s time to care about ourselves as much as we care for our loved-ones.
8. Each of us are so different. Think of exercise that fits your personality. Follow routines and patterns that allow you to get healthy, happy and proud.
9. Go towards your new goals in very small steps that will encourage the sense of confidence (that you can do it) and self-trust (that you will follow through with what you say to yourself you want to do). Cross these off one at a time: (1) Have an idea such as wishing to use a weighted hula hoop. (2) Plan to research which ‘Winners’ has one. (3) Schedule the time to buy it. (4) Assemble it. (5) Hoop for 1 minute. (6) Keep increasing the time on the hoop as per the instructions. Little by little is the key. It is MUCH harder to intend to start something next Saturday morning for 30 minutes.
10. Joke: “No, thanks. That piece of cake will look better on you!”