It is amazing how small changes in one’s behaviour, consistently made, can have life long effects on your mind body and spirit.
Some ideas are:
– Wear a pedometer and just try to better your previous day’s number;
– Limit high fat foods to once a week (these are foods such as fries, or baked goods);
– Leave the commercials on the TV and do something active like the weighted hula hoop, skipping or walking up and down stairs;
– Become curious about your body and the affects food has on it. I recommend a magazine subscription to Nutrition Action or becoming a member of SparkPeople.com;
– Start to notice when you are putting yourself down about the way you look and stop the thought. Instead – remind yourself of all the ways your body has supported you throughout your life.
– Walk and ride your bike to do your errands. It’s fun!
Small changes, repeated consistently, will take you towards your goal of mind body and spirit health!